Thursday, March 24, 2011

Signs of Spring ? ! ? !


I am so tired of winter , I hungrily search for signs of its demise. Tuesday evening was another Winter Storm. UGH !!
I was better prepared this time and left 2 hrs early for work. I encountered rain and sleet, but the snow had not started yet. A 1/4 of the way to work, I happened upon a Highway snow plow/salting truck. Well, my commute probably took 20 min longer, but who would not follow the safety of being behind a snow plow traveling at 30 mph, spraying salt on the road.
So I arrived safely at work, I worked my shift and breathed a sigh of relief when the local schools cancelled for the day. Staff arrived to cover the shift and after thawing out my van, I headed home. The roads were not to bad, but I had the knowledge of knowing the trucks had been out frequently all evening.
As I traveled home, admiring the packed snow-ice on the roads, I saw a bird in the middle of the high-way. As I got closer, I noticed the color. It was blue !! And yes, it was a Blue Jay. Now knowing that this is not an adventurous bird, I have to be excited in the knowledge that SPRING IS HERE !!

No comments:

Post a Comment